The Native Medicinal Plant Garden is a collaboration between Douglas County Extension Master Gardeners and Kansas Biological Survey. Master Gardeners have been managing the interpretive garden since 2013 with the goal of educating visitors on the traditional and modern uses of native plants from the Great Plains. Herbalists, ecologists, birdwatchers, photographers, and people from all over the world enjoy the beautiful sky views, the niche species of birds, and the native pollinators these plants support. The garden at 1865 E 1600 Road, Lawrence, KS 66044 is open dawn to dusk, 365 days a year.
Photographs by Master Gardener Alison Dishinger.